Part of our mission is to help you, from whatever background you are, set yourself free from the mental and physical slavery which keeps our communities and ultimately our country and world down. There are many great resources you can use to educate yourself–here are just a few:
- The movie “13th” which clearly shows how slavery was never abolished.
- The book: “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness” by Michelle Alexander
- The movie and book “Slavery by Another Name”
- The book: “Sovereign Psyche” by Ezra Aharone, which helps you develop a “sovereign” mind and psyche detached from this corrupt system perpetrated by Amerikkka racism, corporatism, militarism, etc.
- The book: “Black Flags and Windmills: Hope, Anarchy & the Common Ground Collective”, by scott crow, helping you use your “sovereign mind and psyche” to build a new and “Beloved Community”, and system.
- The book: Jackson Rising: The Struggle for Economic Democracy and Black Self-Determination in Jackson, Mississippi
Others will be added, and we are always open to suggestions. Also, study groups around the concepts in these works can be formed in your neighborhood—just ask us and we will come show the movie, share the books, and host discussions.