Skip to content
- We do not judge anyone for trying to survive, especially if you grew up on the streets, or have a family to support, however we cannot tolerate anyone targeting and bullying another brother or sister in order to survive.
- We are aware that this country was built on just that–bullying, enslaving, oppressing, assassinating primarily people of color—on the backs of the black, brown and red peoples—not just in this country but worldwide, and that this is still primarily a plantation system dominated by white supremacists (whether in government, commerce, ‘Churchianity’, the courts and law enforcement), however part of that system’s method of operation to preserve its dominance is to keep us divided and attacking one another, so we must not play their game by hurting and killing each other—whether by drugs or with guns.
- We are also aware that the police are the paid enforcers of this corrupt and racist system of oppression—though many are unaware of their role on the plantation and are trying to both survive and also “help” their communities, so we have to help enlighten those who are willing to learn, and are willing to truly protect and serve all people justly—especially people and communities of color. And the others must be exposed and stopped from acting as “bullies and thugs with badges” and cannot be allowed to patrol our communities.We will treat them the same as those drug dealers who terrorize our communities. (Anyone who thinks this system is ‘working’ for anyone other than the “plantation owners”, and that there are just a few bad apples in law enforcement and other institutions, when we have more people incarcerated than any nation in history, and those are grossly disproportionately people of color and the poor, read these two articles and then think again: Mass Incarceration Infographic and How to Steal 75000 from the Poor in Just One Day’s Work .)
- We are therefore calling for a cease-fire in the civil war among our own people and a cessation of the violence and killing of one another, and a cease fire in the police war on drugs (which is really a war on communities of color and the poor, when those who control the drug trade are primarily rich, white folk in gated communities). The police “cease fire” means: no more random stops of people of color, and no more bogus stops for minor or invented traffic violations (broken lights, license plate lights, lane changes, etc.), and no more arrests for minor infractions, including drug possession of small amounts, and the initiation of pre-arrest diversion programs where people can get help rather than incarceration. (Until you agree to these cease fire measures we will not cooperate with you.)
- We do not judge the so-called “gangs”-what we call the “street tribes” because, in fact, you often provided us with the only family and support that we knew, and are grateful for that–and we realize that you organized to protect and serve yourselves and your communities because those charged with doing so did not, and, in fact, instead terrorize our communities by serving those true “gangs” in business suits in the state capitols, in corporations , in the courts, who victimized (and still do) our communities. We are asking you to unite with us-a uniting of the ‘street tribes’-drop the turf wars, so that we can work together to clean up the streets and overthrow the shackles of this plantation system of oppression.
- We realize that on the plantation our own people of color often continue to play their role as the “house Negroes” and serve the masters as spies and in other despicable roles– we will expose you and give you a chance to redeem yourselves and rejoin the cause of freedom, truth and justice, but if you refuse you will suffer your fate accordingly. In the words of Sister Harriet Tubman: “I freed a thousand slaves and could have freed a thousand more if they knew they were slaves.”